Saturday 28 May 2011

Altered Pin Board

I have two pin boards at home, one in the kitchen, which has all sorts of info on it and one where I craft that Lucy uses to put her makes so they are safe. We like to try to be organised!! So when I was asked if I could make something that would help Niamh to be organised I thought of altering a plain pin board. The whiteboard at the bottom is divided into the five days of the week so Niamh can keep a check of what is happening at school and home for her.
  I started by painting the frame cream with acrylic paint (two coats). I cut Niamh's name and the large flower using the cricut. The flower middle is a cork drinks mat that I had at home just waiting for a project like this, I attached the cork to the card flower with glossy accents.
Next I made the 'pocket' for the whiteboard to slide into from chipboard and covered it with paper from the Cosmo Cricket range. I used  grey vinyl for the rows and columns which I cut on my paper trimmer. The letters are cut from gold vinyl and again I used my cricut to do this.
Finally I cut out some of the flowers from the paper and punched small circles for added decoration in the top corners, these then had glossy accents added to them, as I know Niamh's Mum loves the raised feel it gives.

No comments:

Post a Comment