Monday 2 May 2011

Men's Wallet

These fabulous wallets have been around for a long time and as Father's Day is nearing they are making a comeback. I have been wanting to make one for ages and finally found time to do so in between work, gardening and fence painting.
My finished wallet looked so effective that Chris thought I had a real wallet sitting on my desk.
 To get the wallet size I measured my son's wallet, he was hoping I would put a few notes in it for him. I decided how many pockets I wanted, which in this case was three, and used my circle punch to add the wallet detail. I also inked everything with walnut stain DI and added the faux stitching.
 I knew I wanted to add a pocket for a photo window, just like a real wallet. When I put the wallet together I added the brads to the front first then attached the strap to the back of the wallet. I also rounded the edges of the pockets.
The only thing I would do differently when I make this again is to cut the cardstock for the inside 1/16" smaller than the outside cardstock, that way I think it will sit flatter. It would also look good if you distressed the cardstock first to make an old battered wallet.

No comments:

Post a Comment