Thursday 11 August 2011

Bag or Box

I love how this looks, all vintagey and distressed. I used four different makes of paper on this project, Fancy Pants French Press, Making Memories Je t'Adore, MME Mabel 'Love' Letters and Prima Ashton.

The chipboard shape was cut using the sizzix caddy die, before I glued it together I covered some parts with the paper I had chosen, to make this easier I could have die cut the paper but me being me, I didn't do that. The flower is from the Tim Holtz Tattered Rose die.

 Once everything was glued in place I inked round all the edges. Of course I used my distress ink guide to help me choose just the right shade of ink.
I finished off this bag or box by adding the cream organza ribbon at the top. This could sit on a desk and hold pens and pencils or it will hold 3"x3" cards and envelopes.
Next time I make this I think I will either crackle the back or stamp over some of the paper to give it a different look.

No comments:

Post a Comment