Sunday 28 August 2011

Wedding Card

I was asked to make a Wedding Card for an Ethnic wedding. I was really pleased with the result but unfortunately the pictures do not do the colours justice. I chose to use really vibrant purple, pink and green with gold card and purple gems. I also added green, pink, purple and gold ribbon.    
The gold card for the backing looked too bright so I aged it using dark grey acrylic paint which I rubbed over the embossed panel with a piece of kitchen towel then buffed just small area's to let the gold colour really shine through. I used the sizzix paisley embossing folder for the background and hearts, you cannot see the shapes on the hearts but they looked so much better once I had embossed them. I used the cricut wedding cartridge for the hearts. I added the ribbon to bring the design altogether, then added the gems to some of the paisley patterns..

No comments:

Post a Comment