Friday 7 October 2011

Advent Calendar

These delicious Advent Boxes are the reason I have not blogged for a while. I was asked to make these two advent boxes for a friends' children, they look fantastic, even if I do say so myself, but take ages to make. I used Basic Grey papers, my absolute favourite, along with co-ordinating brads, bazzill card, rick rack, glossy accents and stickles.
Each tower has 24 match boxes, obviously, so as I was making two Advents I had to make 48 match boxes. I could score the boxes on my Martha Stewart score board but the wrapper had to be measured in cm, so it was not as straight forward as it might have been.
Once all the boxes were made I attached them together three high using wet glue, then glued them together the same as I made the Matchbox Box. 
I made a top and base  from covered chipboard and used copious amounts of glue to make sure they stayed in place.
To finish the Advents, I stamped numbers on co-ordinating paper and punched out with a mini circle punch. To make it easier for myself I pushed the brads through the rick rack pieces before adding it as handles, it was like having a production line in my craft area.
To complete each drawer I found the middle, put the brad through, then added faux stitching to every other drawer before attaching the numbered circle.
Finally to finish the Advent I used my glossy accents and stickles to highlight areas of the paper.
All they need now is a gift in each drawer.

No comments:

Post a Comment