Tuesday 13 March 2012

Mothers Day Box and Card

I have made this card and box for my Mum, so I hope she likes them.
I got the inspiration whilst shopping in Sainsbury's, Lucy and I found some mini cupcake chocolates, I knew as soon as I saw them how I wanted to present them in a box.
I have used the vintage vogue stamp set from Stampin up, bazzill bling card, dotted swiss bazzill, distress inks victorian velvet and antique linen, a Martha Stewart punch, pearl brads and ribbon that I have lots of.
I covered a card base with my cardstock, punched out the foliage then stamped the flowers using the DI's onto white card. When they were dry I cut round them leaving a thin white strip all round, next I scrunched them up to break down the paper fibres.
I layered a small and big flower held together by the pearl brad. On the back of the flower  I glued a small circle then glued the leaves to that. When I put the card together I decided I also wanted to add the leaves from the stamp set, to me they finishes the card off.
 I made the box by working out how high it needed to be to hold the cupcake chocs, I then made the lid to fit over the base. For the inside of the box I made a platform then punched three holes to hold the cupcakes snugly.
 The cupcakes came in a pack of nine, Lucy has said I am only allowed to make one more box as she wants to try the chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment