Monday 28 January 2013

Clock Card

It was my birthday at the beginning of January and this card is made with some of the presents I was lucky enough to receive!!
I didn't set out to make this card, I was just playing around and this is the end result.

I started by die cutting the pocket watch, inking all parts, putting it together and adding glossy accents. I'm glad I did this first as it meant that the glossy accents were dry when I finally added the pocket watch to the card, usually I have to wait and keep poking whatever the glossy accents are on to see how dry it is.
The background paper has been scrunched up and inked over and left to dry,(another lucky accident.)
The embossing folder is larger than my others so I cut card to fit it, as you can see I used orange card which looked extremely bright on it's own so I inked it and inked it with several dark coloured distress inks.
It was at this stage that I thought it would make an okay card. So I matted the embossed card onto black, the inked paper onto grey and before I attached them to the card I wrapped ribbon and twine around.
I stamped the sentiment and heat embossed it in copper, to finish the card I added the pocket watch.
So I hope you like my playing around card!!


No comments:

Post a Comment