Wednesday 27 March 2013

Carrot Holder

 
For a long time now I have seen on various blogs these carrots by Lindt but I have not seen them in the shops where I live until this year, well I do live out in the sticks!!! And now the carrots are everywhere.
 There are instructions on how to make this holder on splitcoaststampers, but I made my own, mainly because I do not have some of the equipment needed on those instructions.
I started with the middle section which holds the carrots, I hand cut six circles for the carrots to sit in, as you can see in the picture below. Then I folded the sides down to make an upside down box with holes in.
I then built up around this, a small base in dark brown with a kraft card layer then a grass layer.

 The fence is made with coordinations card with a brown core which I inked and sanded
I had to put the bunny on as I accidently glued a red bit of card to the box while cooking tea. His ears and head are made from a circle punch, I hand cut his body and inked round it to hide the wobbly bits, his tail is from a mini flower punch which is also inked.


No comments:

Post a Comment