Friday 14 February 2014

Happy Valentines

 
Here is a very quick idea for Valentines Day, a gorgeous linen heart that looks all hand sewn but in fact only has two rows of running stitch to hold it all together.
I used the stamp that came with the latest Docrafts grab bag, the stamp is called Sew Lovely, it can also be bought on it's own.
 I stamped the image twice onto some linen I had using Very Cherry Stazon ink, cut out the stamped images and some wadding in the shape of a heart then carefully did running stitch just outside the stamped stitches, I used cotton that matched the linen as I did not want it to be seen too much.
To finish the heart off I added the flower button, I actually put one each side of the heart.
I am now going to spray the heart in my favourite perfume, if I had thought ahead I would have put essential oils onto the wadding before I sewed the heart, next time!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment